Topic: Hello, and a question

hi all
just downloaded maratis and I'm looking forward to getting my project under way. I dont have much C++ experience at all so I'm hoping to pick it up as I go along smile

I've got a quick question regarding textures.

As I understand it, I texture my object in blender using UV maps, then import it into the engine. Do my textures have to be powers of 2? or can they be any dimensions? Also, after I've applied the textures in blender (UV mapped), are they applied automatically to the object when its imported into the engine? or is there another step? (assuming I've got my diffuse, normal and specular textures all in the map folder).

I just wanted to check about the textures before I start work so I dont mess everything up from the outset.

Thanks for reading

Rich

Re: Hello, and a question

Hi,
welcome !

About textures, yes modeling and texturing is done in Blender,
there is a plugin to install (Maratis exporter) and some options in the material,
you can watch this tutorial : http://www.maratis3d.org/?p=277

Recent hardware can use texture with random sizes, but old hardware and iphone needs power of two textures.
So it depends on your hardware and on the machine your target. Best if to use power of two if you can.

cheers,

Anaël.

Re: Hello, and a question

Great, thanks for the help.

I've imported a few test models to get to grips with the blender exporter. I'll post some shots of my project when I've got my level designed and got a few models textured.

After playing around with the editor a bit, I'm really excited about starting my project and learning C++.
Cheers,
Rich