Topic: only blender?

Hello, downloaded the maratis engine yesterday, great free engine. But can you only export 3d models out blender?
Will there be no support for like 3ds max or maya?

Much thanks,

MrBlackspoon

Last edited by MrBlackspoon (2011-04-02 19:06:17)

Re: only blender?

I know there is one user who started making a max script to export maratis mesh, but I don't know where it is now.

There is a professional studio who developed a 3dsmax export plugin, you can maybe try to contact them :
contact @ medigames-studios.fr

For now, what you can do is exporting your data from 3dsMax or Maya in collada, and just use Blender for exporting.

Ok I'm gonna come right out and say it that I am writing one for 3DS Max, Maya and XSI. But it takes a lot of time especially debugging it all.

DarkKobra2020 wrote:

Ok I'm gonna come right out and say it that I am writing one for 3DS Max, Maya and XSI. But it takes a lot of time especially debugging it all.

EDIDT EDIT EDIT: I wanted to add , that AOI does have a collada plugin > blender > export, so for now I can use that. If all things were equal, I'd be using maya I think, as its cross platform capable, and sure makes things easy ( bend , etc.), but at the price the company wants, no chance charlie <sad face>. I guess milkshape is now free too, and another option for such needs.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone wink

I think it would be hugely beneficial , to devote 'equal time' to other freeware 3d apps, like art of illusion &/or others
because from my point of view anyway, blender is way too hard to do simple things ( like bend). I don't mean its not capable, its just ridiculously non intuitive, hence why people like maya/max.

Art of illusion would be a great starting position as it does animating & texturing, not just modeling, but anyway the point is we need exporters for other FOSS apps too wink

If I could program, I'd be on it, but that is not my fate in life, atm, but Im trying to find time, to learn.

cheers
gm

DarkKobra2020 wrote:

Thanks for offering, but 3dsmax has a exporter of great quality in the works. If you are still around, maybe helping him out
would be fruitful smile

Maya and XSI are still needed.

Thanks;)
gm